Diseases of the cardiovascular system are mainly diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
Below are the most common and the most dangerous illnesses, which await us in present times:
1. Myocardial infarction is caused by ischaemia of the cardiac organ as a result of coronary artery occlusion. It causes heart muscle necrosis. Lack of a quick reaction based on the use of artificial respiration usually results in further hypoxia of the body, resulting in death. Myocardial infarction is the most common cardiovascular disease.
2. Stroke is an elevated pathological condition of the brain resulting from ischemia or stroke lasting more than 24 hours. It requires immediate hospitalization, in most cases its symptoms are changes in facial expressions (subsidence of the corner of the mouth or paresis) or changes in the motility of the whole body (paresis of the body).
3. Aneurysm - a state of stenosis of the artery lumen causing weaker blood flow, resulting in ischemia of the organism. It most often appears on the femoral artery, heart, aorta, under the knee, and also on the brain. It's called a silent killer because it's hard to detect. It requires surgical intervention.
4. Heart defects (congenital) - are the result of abnormal formation of cardiac connections with other systems in the body, which causes problems in adequate oxygenation of the body. Congenital malformations are, in most cases, curable, but surgery is required to reverse the abnormality. They are detectable from the earliest days of a child's life, and sometimes surgery was performed while the child was in the mother's stomach.
5. Varicose veins - they are a nightmare mainly for women, because they affect them more often than men. They occur mainly on legs, creating unsightly bonds, perfectly visible to the naked eye. They are caused by poor stretch of veins, which swell and become visible under the skin. Their appearance is caused by a standing lifestyle, inadequate diet, overweight and cardiovascular problems. Varicose veins are removed surgically.
6. Heart failure - results from abnormalities in the structure or functioning of the heart muscle, which leads to pathological conditions and hypoxia. She can be very dangerous because her symptoms are not clear (dyspnoea, dizziness, cold hands and feet). Restoring full cardiac function requires surgery and further medical care.
7. Atherosclerosis - is a chronic disease, its cause is the embedding of fat deposits on blood vessels, which are present in the wrong diet, thus closing the light flow of blood to and from the heart. Poor circulation causes hypoxia of all parts of the body, local calcification of veins, may lead to stroke and aneurysm. The best way to protect yourself from this disease is to have a balanced diet, exercise and a rational rest in the fresh air.
8. Myocarditis - an inflammatory process derived from inflammation developing elsewhere in the body, usually caused by viral or bacterial infections. It could even end in death.
9. Arterial hypertension - pathological state of elevated pressure, persistent. It can lead to a stroke or even death.
10. Thrombotic venous thrombosis - a thrombosis in the limb (usually the lower limb) caused by platelet build-up.